Homemade Spaghetti Sauce
What you will need:
Add 2 tablespoons of each butter and olive oil in a pot. Mmmmmm butter!
Add 2 tablespoons of flour. I was having a blonde moment and forgot to show it in the main ingredient picture!
add a 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes and a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
Add 1 tablespoon of Basil, 1 tablespoon of oregano, 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes (these are optional. We like spicy food.), 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, cracked pepper and kosher salt to taste. Table salt will work fine, I’m just on a kosher salt kick!
Simmer for about 45 minutes. (If you can stand it. It smells soooo good!) Add water as needed if it looks too dry.
After about 45 minutes, chop about 1/3 cup of fresh parsley and add to the sauce. Fresh parsley looks really pretty in the sauce!
Simmer for about 15 minutes and serve with any kind of pasta and garlic bread. Yes, more garlic!
|Homemade Spaghetti sauce||
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon of basil
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 2 teaspoons of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar cracked pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/3 c of chopped parsley
- Brown ground beef and sausage in olive oil and butter until browned. Drain.
- Add minced garlic and let soften a minute or two.
- Add flour and stir.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, cracked black pepper and kosher salt.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes. Stirring occasionally and add water as needed.
- Add fresh parsley and simmer for about 15 more minutes. Serve and enjoy!