These mini cherry pie bites came to be because I needed something quick and easy for my husband to take to work. (Quick and easy being my motto for cooking/baking.) I also wanted it to be kind of patriotic for Memorial Day. These little scrumptious bites definitely fit the bill.
What you will need:
Mini cupcake tin, 1 can of cherry pie filling, 1 package of pie crusts (2 rolls), white chocolate for drizzling, and a cookie cutter large enough to fill each cupcake vessel. I used a flower shape just to add more pizazz.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Next, unroll the pie crusts and use your cookie cutter to cut out your shapes.
Place each cutout into each cupcake vessel.
Next, spoon about three cherries and enough filling to fill each vessel.
Bake the mini cherry pie bites for about 12 to 14 minutes (or until the crusts turn a golden brown.)
Let them cool for about 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to continue to cool.
Once completely cool, place a sheet of wax paper under the wire rack to catch the stray chocolate drizzle. (I am very messy, so the wax paper saves me on the clean-up. Did I mention I don’t like the clean-up part? Unless, of course, it involves eating.) But, I digress…
Put your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. You can also use a double boiler on the stove. I melted my chocolate in the microwave for one minute and then stirred.
I drizzled the chocolate over the mini cherry pies. (Note to self…Do not try to drizzle with left hand while taking pictures with the right. No coordination = clumpy chocolate.)
They were really yummy! My mind is racing with all the other fruit and topping combinations that I could use for future recipes.
- 1 can of cherry pie filling
- 1 package of pie crusts (2 total)
- 2 squares of white chocolate (for drizzling)
- Mini cupcake tin
- Any round shape cookie cutter (large enough to fill the cupcake vessel)
- Roll out the pie crusts and cut out your shapes with a circle cookie cutter
- Place the dough circles into each mini cupcake vessel
- Spoon 3 cherries and enough filling to fill each vessel
- Bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes (or until crusts are golden)
- Cool for about 10 minutes
- Transfer each mini cherry pie to a wire rack to continue to cool completely
- Once cool, place wax paper under rack
- Melt chocolate in the microwave or double boiler
- Drizzle chocolate over mini pies.